3. TRADING OR INVESTING
- 3.1 Introduction and overview
- 3.2 Trading or investing – why is the distinction important?
- 3.3 Trading or investing? The statutory context
- 3.4 Trading or investing – what are the basic principles?
- 3.5 Trading is a question of fact – how is this issue determined?
- 3.6 Motive for the acquisition
- 3.7 Change of intention
- 3.8 Appropriation to or from trading stock on change of intention
- 3.9 Does the property owner have prior expertise or experience?
- 3.10 Loan finance – how is the acquisition funded?
- 3.11 Accounting treatment
- 3.12 Has any supplementary work been done to the property?
- 3.13 How long has the property been held prior to sale?
- 3.14 Does the land produce an income?
- 3.15 Reasons for selling