So, is there scope to transfer a property so that it does not count as an asset for the purposes of the local authority care change?

Whilst not foolproof, the answer is probably yes provided action is taken early enough and there are other good reasons for making the gift.

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i Tax and Accounting subscription.

Existing subscriber? Log in

No subscription?

Contact us to discuss your requirements.