(TMA 1970, s. 43(1))

(In-Depth: ¶235-050)

Capital allowances must be claimed in a tax return. However, the rules for claims outside a return for corporation tax (FA 1998, Sch. 18, para. 54–60) apply in certain instances:

special leasing plant and machinery allowance claims;

claims for patent allowances on non-trading expenditure (in income tax cases).


Time limit

Statutory reference

General claim to capital allowances under corporate tax self assessment

Claims to capital allowances must be made (or amended or withdrawn) by the later of:

FA 1998, Sch. 18, para. 82

(1) 12 months after the claimant

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.