Even if resident in the UK, seafarersʼ foreign earnings are not subject to income tax. For this to apply, they must work outside the UK for a ‘qualifying period’ of not less than 365 days. The rules for this are laid out in ITEPA 2003, s. 378–385. The Employment Income Manual also contains helpful information about residence and various allowances

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.