When the administration period comes or is coming to an end and HMRC needs to send a tax return to the personal representatives covering the final period to cessation, we will usually do this after the end of the tax year in which the cessation occurred. Under Self Assessment, however, HMRC can enquire into a tax return within a specified time.

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i Tax and Accounting subscription.

Existing subscriber? Log in

No subscription?

Contact us to discuss your requirements.