General guidance on the taxation of foreign income can be found in the International Manual.


For 2005-06 onwards the main IT rules for taxing property income have been brought together in ITTOIA05, but the scope of the legislation has not changed.

Rent and other receipts from properties outside the UK continue to be taxed separately as foreign income. The profits or losses are computed using trading principles just like those of a UK rental business.

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i Tax and Accounting subscription.

Existing subscriber? Log in

No subscription?

Contact us to discuss your requirements.