Some foreign banks will only operate in the UK through a representative office. Consideration will need to be given to whether or not the representative office constitutes a permanent establishment (PE), both for the purposes of UK domestic law and under the terms of any relevant double taxation agreement. See INTM267621 for the charge to corporation tax and INTM264050 for more detail on the definition of a PE.

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.