Some Double Taxation Agreements (DTAs) provide that a resident of the UK will be entitled to relief from the foreign tax on certain types of income (such as dividends, interest and royalties) only if the income is subject to tax in the UK. This may be instead of or in addition to the beneficial ownership test referred to at INTM162080.

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i Tax and Accounting subscription.

Existing subscriber? Log in

No subscription?

Contact us to discuss your requirements.