Finance Act 2006 introduced a new category of ‘trusts for bereaved minors’, IHTA84/S71A.

A trust of this kind can generally only be set up under:

the Will (or intestacy) of a deceased parent, including where this is deemed to have happened – for example, following a Deed of Variation that satisfies the conditions of IHTA84/S142 (IHTM35021 onwards),

the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme, or

under the Victims of Overseas Terrorism Compensation Scheme.

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.