The guidance on the page explains what is meant by the terminology used in relation to self-assessment closure notices.

ITSA, NRCGT and CTSA enquiries are into returns or claims. Partial closure notices (PCN) and final closure notices (FCN) are only issued for enquiries into returns. Enquiries into claims use different legislation.

HMRC can only enquire into each return once (although we can enquire into an amendment to a return that is made after our enquiry into the return has been completed). So our enquiry is always into the whole return.

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.