Sections 62 and 203 ITEPA 2003

Broadly speaking, ‘board and lodging’ means the provision of the employee's meals, and somewhere to sleep. If the employee is provided with a self-contained living space with most of the facilities necessary for independent habitation, what is provided then is ‘living accommodation’ within Section 97 ITEPA 2003 (see EIM11300 onwards). Section 97 does not apply to board and lodging.

The value of board and lodging provided for an employee is not earnings within Section 62 ITEPA 2003. The employee cannot usually convert the benefit into money (see [## Sections 62 and 203 ITEPA 2003

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.