CTA09/Ss1054 – 1057

An SME may claim a payable R&D tax credit for an accounting period in which it has a surrenderable loss. The claim must be made in a return or an amendment to a return on or before the first anniversary of the filing date for the accounting period – FA98/SCH18/PARA83E (1).

An R&D tax credit is not taxable income of the company.

Going concern (S1057)

A company may only make a claim under section 1054 at a time when it is a going concern. See CIRD81130.

Surrenderable loss (S1055)

A company has a surrenderable loss if in an accounting period the company:

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.