TIOPA 2010/S31

If gains chargeable to UK Capital Gains Tax or UK Corporation Tax on capital gains have also been charged to tax in another country, the person making the disposal may claim tax credit relief in respect of the foreign tax suffered. See INTM169010+. If such a claim is made the tax credit relief is deducted from the part of the Capital Gains Tax or Corporation Tax payable in the UK which relates to that gain.


A non-domiciled individual chargeable on the remittance basis who makes a chargeable gain on the disposal of an asset situated outside the UK is only liable on the amount of the gain remitted to the UK (TCGA92/S12* see CG25300 onwards).

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.