This guidance is relevant to companies that receive property income to which a charitable exemption applies and to worldwide groups containing such companies.

It is also relevant to entities such as housing associations that may take a variety of legal forms, including industrial co-operatives, provident societies, companies or trusts. Except in the case of trusts, they will normally be within the ambit of corporation tax. See CTM40400+

Where such income would otherwise be taken into account as property income, the analysis of the application of the CIR is different from that where a company has charitable trade profits CFM97620.

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.