Sch1B Para2 Taxes Management Act 1970 (TMA 1970), S64, S72, S83, S89 Income Tax Act 2007 (ITA 2007)

Where a person makes a claim requiring relief for a loss incurred in a later year to be given by reference to the tax payable in an earlier year, the claims do not have to be made in a return. Thus they can be made as stand-alone claims. We take the view that such a claim can even be made before the return, for the year in which the loss arose, is submitted. The claims involved are:

Carry back of trade losses S64(2)(b) or S64(2)(c) ITA 2007

Carry back of losses in the early years of a trade under S72 ITA 2007

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i Tax and Accounting subscription.

Existing subscriber? Log in

No subscription?

Contact us to discuss your requirements.