3.3.1 Introduction

When travelling or living abroad, it is recommended that the British expat registers with the embassy, High Commission or consulate. Most countries will have an embassy but in some smaller countries the British government’s representation is through a High Commission or consulate. Registration is recommended because in cases of crisis (see below) the representation of British expats requiring assistance is usually provided by this extension of the British government overseas.

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.