An informal request will normally be made for information before HMRC consider issuing a formal notice. If the informal request does not allow sufficient time, the practitioner can request an extension. However, if the officer does not consider that there is a good reason for such a request, they may issue a formal notice as soon as the time limit in the informal request has expired.

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i Tax and Accounting subscription.

Existing subscriber? Log in

No subscription?

Contact us to discuss your requirements.