If a company transfers the business of a non-UK permanent establishment to a non-UK resident company (see ¶19010), any net chargeable gain made on the transfer can be rolled over for a potentially indefinite period to the extent that shares are received in return. The net chargeable gain is the aggregate of chargeable gains arising from the transfer after the deduction of allowable losses so arising.

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i Tax and Accounting subscription.

Existing subscriber? Log in

No subscription?

Contact us to discuss your requirements.