Court proceedings to recover unpaid tax may be instituted in the magistrates’ court (in England, Wales and Northern Ireland), the county court (or the sheriff court, in Scotland), or the High Court (the Court of Session sitting as the Court of Exchequer, in Scotland).

In certain cases an appeal can be lodged to the Court of Appeal in respect of county court proceedings for the recovery of tax. From 1 October 1991, leave of a Court of Appeal judge must be obtained if the value of the appeal is £5,000 or less.

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.