Under the Highways Act 1978, s. 278, the highway authority may, if they are satisfied it will be of benefit to the public, enter into an agreement with a third party to:

(1)carry out works to the public highway which the authority are or may be authorised to execute; or

(2)carry out such works but incorporating particular modifications, additions or features, or at a particular time or in a particular manner

on terms that the third party pays the whole or an agreed part of the cost of the works.

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.