Since a taxable person is entitled to deduct input tax on goods supplied for the purpose of a business ‘carried on or to be carried on’ by him (VATA 1994, s. 24(1)), persons who intend to make taxable supplies of goods or services are eligible for input tax credit provided that they are registered or liable to be registered. Problems often arise from an intention to carry on a new business.

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.