Related content

Property income - extension of the corporation tax charge to non-resident companies (¶711-010)

Taxation of property businesses (¶711-000)

HMRC consultation Taxing gains made by non-residents on UK immovable property

HMRC summary of responses to consultation Non-resident companies chargeable to income tax and non-resident CGT

UK-resident companies

Firstly, a recap on UK-resident companies. A UK-resident company:

is chargeable to corporation tax on all its profits, wherever arising, unless the foreign branch exemption (¶764-755) applies (CTA 2009, s. 5(1)); and

is not chargeable to income tax (CTA 2009, s. 3(1)).

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.