Relief from double taxation is generally given in one of a number of standard forms (¶170-000):

treaty exemption;

credit relief (either by treaty or unilaterally);

deduction; or

special relief.

Double taxation is dealt with in UK legislation in terms largely specific to the taxation of income; such provisions are then applied also to corporation tax on chargeable gains and capital gains tax (¶593-450).

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.