The following reliefs are given only where the trade or business is undertaken on a commercial basis:

(1)sideways relief and carry-back relief for trade losses (CTA 2010, s. 44; see ¶730-150 and ¶730-200);

(2)losses of a UK property business (CTA 2010, s. 64; see ¶730-650); and

(3)losses of an overseas property business (CTA 2010, s. 67; see ¶730-700).

However, the reliefs will continue to be available where the trade or business in question is carried on for statutory functions.

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.