Exemption from corporation tax is also provided by CTA 2009, Pt. 19 in respect of the following income.

Housing grants

A receipt is exempt from corporation tax if the payment was made (CTA 2009, s. 1284):

under an enactment relating to the giving of financial assistance for the provision, maintenance or improvement of housing accommodation or other residential accommodation; and

if the payment was made by way of a grant or other contribution towards expenses (no matter if it was made to the person incurring the expenses or if the expenses have been, or are to be, incurred).

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i Tax and Accounting subscription.

Existing subscriber? Log in

No subscription?

Contact us to discuss your requirements.