Local Government councillors and civic dignitaries may receive a variety of allowances. According to HMRC (EIM 65920), the following allowances are all taxed as earnings:

basic allowance;

attendance allowance;

special responsibility allowance; and

conference attendance allowance.

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.