When solicitors, accountants, doctors or dentists are in private practice the profits of that practice will be chargeable to tax under ITTOIA 2005, Pt. 2 (trading income). However, it is quite common for such individuals to hold an office at the same time. The receipts of that office are chargeable to tax under the employment income Parts of the Income Tax (Earnings and Pensions) Act 2003 although, in practice, HMRC often charge them to tax under the trading income rules.

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.