With respect to the treatment of FHL (Furnished holiday lettings) properties since 6 April 2011, HMRC direct taxpayers and their agents to HMRC Helpsheet 253.

This states that:

‘To benefit from [CGT reliefs for traders, plant and machinery capital allowances and treatment of profits as earnings for pension purposes] you need to work out the profit or loss from your FHLs separately from any other rental business’

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.