Relief under this scheme is available only for expenditure incurred (or treated as incurred) before 1 April 1992.

A person holding the ‘relevant interest’ (see ¶258-650) in relation to certain expenditure on a building may be entitled to capital allowances in respect of any qualifying dwelling-houses incorporated within it.

A writing-down allowance for a ‘chargeable period’ is made (CAA 2001, s. 507(1)) where:

qualifying expenditure has been incurred on a building;

a person, who is or has been an approved body, is entitled to the relevant interest in that expenditure at the end of that chargeable period; and

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.