Complaints about alleged maladministration (see ¶180-150) cannot be made direct to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman; they must be directed to them through an MP, who need not be the complainant’s constituency MP. A leaflet entitled What to do if you are not happy with a government service provides tips on making a complaint.

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman combines the two statutory roles of Parliamentary Commissioner for Administration (the Parliamentary Ombudsman) and Health Service Commissioner for England (Health Service Ombudsman). Their powers are set out in the Parliamentary Commissioner Act 1967 and the Health Service Commissioners Act 1993.

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.