If the tax on gains made by a UK-resident company, or on gains re assets used in the UK branch or agency of a non-resident company, remains unpaid more than six months after the due date, HMRC can seek to recover the debt from:

the principal company of the group at the time when the gain accrued;

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i Tax and Accounting subscription.

Existing subscriber? Log in

No subscription?

Contact us to discuss your requirements.