A person may elect not to take relief by credit for foreign tax paid (TIOPA 2010, s. 27).

If relief by credit (either under an agreement or unilaterally) is otherwise unavailable, or if (it would seem) the person makes such an election, he is entitled to a deduction from his foreign income of any such foreign tax paid.

(TIOPA 2010, s. 112)

A similar provision applies to deductions of foreign tax, in calculating capital gains.

(TIOPA 2010, s. 113)

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.