Related Commentary  Related HMRC Manuals

376(1)  A deduction from earnings from an employment is allowed if–

(a)the duties of the employment are performed wholly outside the United Kingdom,

(b)the employee is UK resident,

(c)in a case where the employer is a foreign employer, the employee is domiciled in the United Kingdom, and

(d)the earnings include an amount in respect of–

(i)the provision of accommodation or subsistence outside the United Kingdom for the employee for the purpose of enabling the employee to perform the duties of the employment, or

Want to read more?

This content requires a Croner-i Tax and Accounting subscription.

Existing subscriber? Log in

No subscription?

Contact us to discuss your requirements.