Related Commentary  Related CasesRelated HMRC Manuals

83(1)  A person may make a claim for carry-forward trade loss relief if–

(a)the person has made a loss in a trade in a tax year, and

(b)relief for the loss has not been fully given under this Chapter or any other provision of the Income Tax Acts or under section 261B of TCGA 1992 (use of trading loss as a CGT loss).

83(2)  The claim is for the part of the loss for which relief has not been given under any such provision (“the unrelieved loss” ) to be deducted in calculating the person's net income for subsequent tax years (see Step 2 of the calculation in section 23).

Need help? Get subscribed!

To subscribe to this content, simply call 0800 231 5199

We can create a package that’s catered to your individual needs.

Or book a demo to see this product in action.