Lane on Enquiries
- What’s new in Lane on Enquiries?
- ¶1-000 FRAMEWORK FOR ENQUIRIES
- ¶1-170 DISCLOSURE
- ¶1-200 SELECTION FOR ENQUIRY
- ¶1-300 OPENING AN ENQUIRY
- ¶1-400 INFORMATION AND INSPECTION POWERS
- ¶1-500 MEETINGS
- ¶1-526 RECORD KEEPING
- ¶1-550 EXAMINATION OF RECORDS
- ¶1-600 BUSINESS ECONOMICS
- ¶1-700 RE-OPENING EARLIER YEARS
- ¶1-800 COMPLETION OF ENQUIRY
- ¶1-900 HMRC SPECIALIST INVESTIGATIONS
- ¶1-980 DISCLOSURE OF TAX AVOIDANCE SCHEMES (DOTAS)
- ¶2-000 PENALTIES
- ¶3-000 STRATEGIES FOR HMRC ENQUIRIES
- ¶4-100 FOLLOWER NOTICES (FNs) AND ACCELERATED PAYMENTS
- ¶5-000 CASE STUDIES
- ¶6-000 CRIMINAL FINANCES ACT
- ¶7-010 TAXPAYERS’ CHARTER, REVIEWS AND APPEALS
- ¶8-000 MONEY LAUNDERING
Welcome to Lane on Enquiries, Croner-i’s commentary on dealing with HMRC enquiries.
The links in the panel to the left guide you to the principal components of the service, as follows:
- A ‘What’s new’ page identifies and links to the most recently updated commentary.
- Commentary chapters each providing clear and practical explanations of an aspect of the enquiries process. The commentary contains many case studies, worked examples and checklists.
This service is maintained by Anton D Lane CTA, Managing Partner, Edge Tax LLP.
Subscribers may contact Anton to discuss in confidence any live issues or to make suggested additions. You can email him at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact his offices on 01454 777831.
We welcome contact from our customers. If you have a comment on the editorial content of the Lane on Enquiries, please click here to email your views to us. We look forward to hearing from you.