Endacott on Furnished Holiday Lettings
- ABOUT THIS SERVICE
- 1. BACKGROUND TO THE TAX RULES
- 2. PROPERTY LETTING OR TRADING?
- 3. MEETING THE QUALIFYING CRITERIA
- 4. CAPITAL EXPENDITURE
- 5. TAX ON PURCHASE OF UK HOLIDAY LETTINGS
- 6. OWNERSHIP STRUCTURING FOR A FURNISHED HOLIDAY LETTINGS BUSINESS
- 7. SELLING A HOLIDAY LETTING
- 8. HOLIDAY LETS AND EXEMPTION FROM INHERITANCE TAX
- 9. SUCCESSION PLANNING FOR FURNISHED HOLIDAY LETTINGS
- 10. HOLIDAY LETTING IN THE EEA
- 11. NON-UK RESIDENT OWNERS OF HOLIDAY LETTINGS
Endacott on Furnished Holiday Lettings (4th edition) is essential reading for anyone needing to understand the tax rules for holiday letting properties. The service covers the whole range of tax issues that need to be considered by those concerned with holiday accommodation and offers a comprehensive guide to the specialist rules, fully cross referenced to legislation and case law, as well as to HMRC guidance.
New material for this fourth edition includes:
- capital gains tax changes including new business asset disposal relief, main residence relief reductions and accelerated payment of tax;
- latest tax cases on business property relief – Graham and Vigne;
- non-residents – NRCGT, Budget 2020 SDLT surcharge for overseas purchasers and Brexit;
- capital allowances changes – structures and buildings allowances and writing-down allowance reductions;
- update on trading status position following anti-avoidance cases and Covid-19 government intervention measures; and
- VAT developments and small business rates relief changes as well as Covid-19 measures.
Following a helpful introductory chapter, the service provides a practical commentary based soundly on the legislation and case law.
About the author:
John Endacott BSc (Econ), FCA, CTA (Fellow) is a tax partner with PKF Francis Clark Chartered Accountants, with contributions from Heather Britton, Victoria Christopher, Becky Hayes and Steve York.
If you have any feedback on any aspect of Endacott on Furnished Holiday Lettings, please click here to email the Croner-i team.